Tuesday, October 14, 2008

If's Not a Migraine, It's Something Else . . .

I actually purchased one of those microwave thingys of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup last night. And ate half of it, during rehearsals for Peter Pan.

Hack hack. Cough. Hack. Spit. Hack. Gross!

Hunk O Man loves to do gross things to me, like make me smell disgusting smells and hear disgusting sounds. Once in awhile he'll show me a mashed bug. So, I retaliate by matching his boyish grossness skills with a look at what comes either out of my nose or throat. Works everytime!

Babydoll has given me her plague. Her creeping crud. Little did I know those daily hugs and kisses were disease-ridden. Little mice look so cute, don't they? Even rats.

Ok, well, maybe not rats.

(sound of Darth Vader breathing)

Nonetheless, I am trying to tough it out with no medication. I think today I will give in.

I actually feel fine, although my throat is ON FIE-YA!

Last night I was up at 1:00AM. Again at 3:00AM to get the Vick's for my throat and chest and ibuprofen and throat spray (which I found while looking for the Vick's) water to drink. Again at 5 when Hunk O Man got up to go to Cracker Barrel for his bible study on Tuesday AM's. Again at 8:30 when everyone left for school.

It's actually kind of nice not feeling that badly. It won't really hinder my day. Although, if you're going to really get sick, you should get the fever and all that, just to really milk it for all its worth.

The coffee this morning tastes especially good going down. That warm liquid on a raw throat -- and I was reminded of my sweet friend Bethany, of whom I have not thought in a long time. She is a wonderful, smart, funny friend that I dearly love. And the last time I saw her, we were drinking coffee. She put her little containers of cream into her cup before the waitress came to refill it. Another friend with us asked why she did that -- she looked at me and said "You taught me that." I did? I didn't remember. Then she explained that when you put the cream in first, the hot coffee warms it for you.

Wow. I had no idea. :)

Hack hack! Cough! Where are my antihistimines and decongestants?

xox

2 Comments:

Beachy Mimi said...

Yep, it is no fun to be half sick. You don't get near the sick credit you deserve. It sounds like the whole blogisphere has the same sickness. Hoping you feel better soon.

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Okay, I'm going to play Mommy here: Try to only take the meds to help you sleep at night. The decon's and antihist's slow down the healing process of the body. The histamine and the swollen sinus passages are actually pruposful...even though they are soooooo uncomfortable.

Not wanting to be a know-it-all, just wanting to help!

I'll be adding you to my prayer list of crud overcomers ;)