Friday, May 15, 2009

Entirely Too Busy

You know, that last chapter I read of Romans is a long list of Paul saying hello to various people. It reminds me of the fact that I haven't visited Ms. Myrtle in several weeks.

You know, I get so convicted when I don't 1-see people or talk to them on the phone or email them, and 2-pray for them. I am feeling pretty "holy spirit prickly" about Ms. Myrtle. I need to get over there. And I just got a call from what may be another best friend, Wanda, about walking with her just once a week. My mom is getting older, and I haven't seen her in almost 6 months. She lives 500 miles away -- but I miss her terribly. I haven't had Thursday morning coffe with Ms. Nancy in about a month.

I am missing my peeps.

I keep thinking about the fact that our lives are just a wisp of smoke in the entire scheme of things. Just a blink. They go so fast -- one look at my graduating high school twins reminds me rather painfully of that!

But people are eternal. When I lived in California, surrounded by all that material wealth, I used to remind myself that I had riches eternally in the souls of my five daughters. People don't end -- they go on and on to lives eternally. The question is only one of what the quality of that life will be: a life with or without the presence of God.

So the fact that people's lives here are brief and that they are infinitely more important than the "stuff" I have to do should be enough to get me out of this house and over to Ms. Myrtle's.

Gotta go. I need to call her right now.

xoxox

0 Comments: