Wednesday, April 2, 2008

WFMW: The Peanut Butter Solution

That would be "Works for Me Wednesdays" from Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer.

For my peeps -- this is just a collection of tips from her readers that Shannon posts every Wed. Sometimes there's a theme. Other times it's just a potpourri of good advice.

This happened about 6 years ago -- at 3AM, my 7-year old woke up with Silly Putty in her hair. No kidding. Apparently she put it on her pillow and then fell asleep.

So she woke me up. Did I mention that it was 3AM?

What do you do with Silly Putty hair at 3AM? You get online! A quick internet search revealed that peanut butter was the answer. So I got out the Jif and went to work. It took about 15 minutes and voila! No more silly putty in the hair! Now it was peanut butter in the hair!

I was sorely tempted to put her back to bed with peanut butter hair just to teach her a lesson. After quickly realising that it would only make more laundry for me and she wouldn't care -- I washed her hair. The whole process only took about an hour (thank God, especially thanking Him at 3AM whilst cursing the makers of Silly Putty under my breath).

So there you go. Got Silly Putty in your hair? Try peanut butter. I think this also works for gum and other things that are gumlike.

0 Comments: