Monday, August 25, 2008

Thank God

Today is the first day of school. And Babydoll is babysitting for someone else this morning.

Deep, cleansing breath in, and blow it out. Aaaahhhh.

I got up and made pancakes for them, and some of them even ate them. I have done laundry and partially completed yesterday's crossword. And now I am having my morning time. It is time that is mine, all mine.

Aaahhhhh.

This is only a half day of school, so it will all end shortly. Good thing I got up early.

On another note, Hunk O Man and I have decided that for the twins, this is the Year of Freedom. That means since they are now 17, almost 18 years old, and they will no longer have any real rules. No curfew, just the regular expectations of any adult. They have to show up for work and school on time, get decent grades, do their chores at home. But checking in and out with mom and dad is optional (although encouraged and preferred), and the spending of money they earn and that which allotted to them is up to them.

The basic idea here is give them enough rope to hang themselves, and have them do it while they still live at home and are safe.

We'll see how it goes. Also included in this is a monthly conversation with mom and dad to talk abut the pros and cons of how they're doing. Hunk O Man and I are definitely taking notes.

Washer's done. Dryer's done. Duty calls. In my nice, quiet house with the messy kitchen and sleeping dog.

Aaaahhhhh.

1 Comment:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Kids out of the house...quiet? What's that? Kidding.

Glad you're able to enjoy some "you time"!!