Friday, June 20, 2008

Birthday Gross-Outs

I thought I'd relate a little thing that happened when Baby and Hunk O Man took me out for lunch on Monday.

We're sitting in our local Lone Star Steakhouse, where I thought they'd have a great salad. Everything salad had chopped eggs and was your basic glorified Cobb. I am not a fan of Cobb Salad. But -- I was happy, we were having a nice time. I was drinking a Diet Pepsi (I am a strict Diet Coke-r) and enjoying my family.

Then Hunk O Man stared past me. He then said, "Yep, I think so. Did you see it too?"

He was talking to the woman in the booth next to us.

ABOUT A RAT THAT HAD JUST RUN ACROSS THE FLOOR.

He turned to me and said, "I think I just saw a rat."

Let me reiterate. A RAT. A RODENT. A FILTHY, VILE, CARRIER OF VERMIN!

EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could express my total fear/disgust/revilement at this. Picture every drawing you've seen of the Black Plague. This is what went through my mind.

My feet immediately went up onto the booth beside me.

I looked at Baby and said, "Let's go. We're SO outta here. Buh-bye!"

Hunk O Man paid for our drinks and we left. We went instead of Logan's Roadhouse, which if you have one and you recall, has peanut shells all over the floor. You would expect rats in this place. However, there were none, thank God.

Where I enjoyed a good salad with a Diet COKE, thankyouvery much.

For an NBD birthday, this was a doozy.

0 Comments: