Friday, July 18, 2008

More photos of spoils



I just finished doing taxes today. I am surprisingly in a relatively good mood because God is good! I started out thinking we owed and then fixed something and all of a sudden we get a refund!
I hate money. It comes, it goes. Life is about people and beautiful things. Enough about money!

I know you're all dying to see my photos of the fabulous fabrics I got at Hobby Lobby. Since that one of the messy table was so -- well, messy.

Anyway, I have to tell you that I think I alarmed the woman who showed up to cut everything. After all, these were all on bolts, and the bolts are big, and I had about 400 bolts stacked up . . .

I looked at her, smiled, held out my hand, and said this: "I know, but let me just say first of all that I LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. The closest fabric store is at least an hour away."
I'm not sure that really helped, but she was a little happier when I said "If there's less than a yard left on the bolt, I'll take that too." (since she offered it at half off!)
Then we started talking, and I found out she previously lived in southern CA like I did, and we reminisced about how it's changed over the years.
So on to the fabric. I got things in threes if I could, in order to make bags, aprons, etc. Here we go:


Pink, Green and Black:




Pink and Black:



Pink and Brown:




Black and White:


Blue and Chocolate brown:



Japanese prints I knew Bug would love:


Couldn't resist this, now, could I?




A couple of remnants I loved, and the blue and white china print -- loved that --








Chiffon for a skirt for Bunny, who was helping choose:


And her skirt will be kind of like Bug's, here which is just a couple of squares sewn on top of each other and hemmed, and an elastic waistband attached:





Bug actually wanted two skirts like this, and we already had the purple print. So I got some solid purple to go with it.



And now that all the money stuff is done, I will be able to endlessly create at will!


(just as soon as I get the laundry done)

deep breath.

sigh.

I'm walking away now.

Maybe a game of Zuma . . .

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Everything is so pretty and coordinated. I love the apron print!

will you do my laundry??